Monday 7 May 2012

Brayering for Beginners

 Hello blog visitors, Kirsten here.  I hope you had a lovely weekend.  It was a bank holiday today & the weather was pretty terrible here.  I continue to hope for a gorgeous summer....






Last Friday was Lisa's class in Maidstone & it was all about creating backgrounds.  Today's cards were made by Lisa for the second part of the class, where she showed us how to create a background using a brayer.




I've had a brayer for ages & occasionally had a play with it, without much success, so it was great to have Lisa explain & demonstrate a few techniques that we were able to use to make mountains, a sun - or moon - and a border.  Speaking for myself, I need LOTS of practice & despite having one of those days, where nothing went right for me, I was quite pleased with my first attempts. 



Many of you will recognise the lovely images on these cards as being from Lavinia Stamps. She used Distress inks & Adirondack inks to create these backgrounds & then overstamped the images with black Archival ink.  She added detail with Glossy Accents & Distress Stickles.





I hope to be back tomorrow to show you the rest of Lisa's samples from this month's class.  Until then, thank you for looking &

Keep crafting.

Kirsten.









No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.