Tuesday 21 August 2012

Altered Album, day two


Greetings, Kirsten here again with two more pages from my PaperMania altered album to show you.
I’ve been experimenting with masking tape recently & I like the results.  Even though this is just a cheap one, it accepts ink, paint & glue very well.  The background for this page is Graphic 45 Kraft card.  I sponged on acrylic paints & stamped with coffee Archival when the paint was dry.  I attached a pastel pink piece of textured paper to another, torn piece of Kraft card, then stuck torn pieces of masking tape on top.  ‘Make Memories’ was stamped onto a scrap of G45.

Altered Album 12 lisabdesigns

The butterfly was stamped with Flitter Glu & gilding flakes applied on top.  I love this technique, but it definitely needs practice – at least, it does for me.  You need to get the coverage of glue just right; stamp too lightly & you don’t get the full impression.  Stamp too heavily & the image is smeared.  But when it works, it works well & is worth the effort.  And always, always clean your stamp immediately.  The glue works best when it is slightly ‘tacky’, so use that waiting time to put your stamp in water & clean it thoroughly.
When I’d finished this page, it looked a little flat, so I mixed some gold mica powder with water in mister bottle & gave the page a spritz.  Interestingly, on the masking tape the water stayed a gold colour, but the mica seemed to separate from it.


Altered Album 14 lisabdesigns

The tag on this page was coloured with Victorian Velvet distress ink & the butterflies stamped with Stream Adirondack ink.  The Hunkydory butterfly was originally white & silver, so I coloured it with Faded Jeans DI, the silver resisted the DI, I used a brad to attach the matching acetate butterfly & clock hand.
Altered Album 11 lisabdesigns
Products used:
Thanks for looking, back tomorrow with more.

Kirsten

1 comment:

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.