Monday 13 August 2012

Kanban Steam Punk, day one

Evening all, Kirsten here.  Sorry there was no post yesterday, I spent the day at Stamperama in Stevenage & then watched the entire closing ceremony for the Olympics.  By the time it finished – after midnight – I was too tired to even think about writing a word.  To start this new week we have projects made with the extensive collection of Kanban’s Steam Punk toppers & patterned cardstock, all of which are on the website.  As usual, I will put direct links to each item at the end of the post.  Today, I have two of my projects to show you & tomorrow I will show you some of Lisa’s cards.   

These were made with weddings and anniversaries in mind.  They could be very large cards or, with the action of ribbon, wall plaques.  The Catalina sheet is two images with decoupage sections.  I curved each part of the skirt around a bottle of Glossy Accents to give it lots of dimension & used silicon glue to hold the curves in place.  The cogs are die cut, but I decided to keep the largest ones together by taping them on the reverse.  Then I put them in an embossing folder & ran them through my Bigshot.


Kanban 1

Kanban 1 detail 2

For this one, I decided to add paint & distress inks through stencils to the base before adding the Amalia toppers.  I stuck the chipboard letters to the hearts to read ‘celebrate’.  the letters & key are from my stash.  I’ve had them so long I can’t remember where they’re from.

Kanban 2


DSCF4388


Kanban 2 detail 1

Products used:

That brings us to the end of today’s post.  If you ever have any questions please feel free to ask in the comments or on the Facebook page.  And remember, you still have plenty of time to enter this month’s challenge.

Thank for stopping by, see you tomorrow.

Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.