Wednesday 15 August 2012

Kanban Steam Punk, day three

Greetings, here is the third & final day of the Kanban Steam Punk projects.  You can tell we liked this collection, can't you??  Let’s start with Lisa’s three cards, all of which would be ideal for the men in your life.

For this first one Lisa embossed a piece of Core’dinations card with an embossing folder, then sanded the embossed area to expose the core.


Timemachine 8x8


Simple matting & layering on this one, divided into nine background squares with a larger square as a topper.  The brown, speckled, squares are a gorgeous, textured 12x12 paper.  I don’t think it’s on the website just yet, but it comes in a range of colours & there are other textures available too.  I’ve used it on a few projects & I love it.


Stempunk 9 Square


Lisa has used assorted pieces from the collection on this card, with everything at different heights to give lots of dimension.


Timemachine Man


These two cards are ones I made, using black cardstock.  I scored the first one to make a gatefold card.  I’m wondering now if I should take it apart & emboss the two panels, but at the time I was thinking “keep it simple, for once!!”


2012-08-14 001


The inside of this card is the really interesting bit.  What you’re looking at is a printed acetate overlay, which exactly matches the A4 patterend diecut underneath.  Love these!  The photos don’t show how great they look & the depth they give to the image.


2012-08-14 003


This is the second of the printed acetate overlay & the diecut.  You get the two acetate pieces on one sheet & the two diecuts on another.  Details of each are below.  Again, I kept this simple, because I wanted the focus to be on the acetate.  I think you can see the patterned underneath under & to the left of the topper.


2012-08-14 005

These printed, acetate overlays are also available in postcard size, with different images.  You can find them HERE & the matching postcards HERE.

Products used:
That's it for today, I will be back with another post & something completely different.  Thanks for visiting.

Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.