Wednesday 17 October 2012

Countdown to Christmas

 
Evening blog visitors, Kirsten here.   Sorry it's been a while, too much going on at the moment.  But the one thing that cannot be avoided is the fact the Christmas is visible on the horizon.  Because Lisa is still away, I have no idea what new, Christmas goodies she is going to have available, so I grabbed the Craftwork Cards collections & started to have a play.
 
I thought it would be interesting to see if I could make some simple cards in non-traditional colours & I'm actually quite pleased with what I've come up with.
 
 
 
 
 
 
These two are very simple, just layering up the flowers from the Sweet Pea collection & adding a snowflake from my Christmas stash on top.  The sentiments on all these cards are CWC, but they're from a previous set & I don't know if they're still available.
 
 






 
 
These two cards were made using the Moorish collection, with the addition of silver coloured snowflakes & a reindeer from my stash.
 
 




I think it helps a lot that these are quite muted colours, so the addition of a little Christmas bling is all you need.  Many of us run out of time when we're making Christmas cards, or we find we haven't made enough, so these are a great way of using leftover bits & pieces & are very quick to make too.

I found that once I started these I started to get ideas for more, which I hope to share with you in the coming days.

The 25% off offer remains on the CWC & Nitwits collections, as well as on all die cut silhouettes, so click on the links to check them out.

There's still time to enter the challenge, the theme is 'Autumn', all the details are HERE.

Thanks for looking, until next time,

Take care.

Sweet Pea Paper Pack - Peas in a Pod  Sweet Pea Flowers - Peas in a Pod  Sweet Pea Nesting Messages - Peas in a Pod  Sweet Pea Paper Pack - Sweetheart Buds  Sweet Pea Flowers - Sweetheart Buds  Sweet Pea Embossed Squares  Moorish Paper Pack  Moorish 9 Embossed Squares  Moorish Ribbon Bands - Printed 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.