Friday 19 October 2012

Sweetpea Christmas

Hello blog visitors, can I just say "thank goodness it's Friday!"  It's also 'only' 67 days to Christmas, so I've got some more Craftwork Cards projects to show you.  I used the Sweetheart Buds papers from the Sweetpea collection & again kept everything very simple.
 
 
 
 




What I tried to do here was mimic the shapes in the patterned paper.  So the hand cut tree relates to the chevrons & the card candi & trimmed circles mimic the spots on the tree, the same with the flowers & the sentiment. And the lace trim breaks up the vertical stripes.






I followed the same principles with the tags.  The ric rac ribbon is similar to the chevrons & the circles of the layered sentiment & button matches the circles & dots on the papers.



 
 
The  stamped 'to & 'from', the snowflakes & ric rac are from my stash.
 




I had a discussion with someone the other day, regarding whether or not we could get away with giving a tag at Christmas, if they were hand crafted, rather than a card AND a tag.  We decided that we probably couldn't.  Unfortunately.  :)  But if you kept the cards & tags fairly simple & use your scrap pieces of papers, it wouldn't take too long to make a pile of both.

So that's it for today, let me know what you think.  I don't think there'll be a post tomorrow, I have a busy day ahead, so I plan on being back on Sunday with more Christmas cards & tags.

Remember the 25% off offer still applies to both the CWC & Nitwits collections, and the die cut silhouettes too.

Thanks for looking, until next time, take care.

Kirsten


Sweet Pea Flowers - Sweetheart Buds     Sweet Pea Paper Pack - Sweetheart Buds                2mm Bakers Twine - Mauve & Ivory  2mm Bakers Twine - Blue Iris & Ivory   Hobby House Adhesive Rhinestones Clear 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.