Tuesday 27 November 2012

Embossed Indigo Blu

Good evening from a very wet Kent.  The weather has been horrible the last few days, but at least we haven't had the horrendous flooding other parts of the country are dealing with.
 
I wanted to show you another wall hanging I'd made with the Hobby House toppers, but I've found it impossible to get a decent photograph of it, no matter where I go in the house.  I'll keep trying, maybe tomorrow we'll get some sun.  So, instead, here are two more cards that I made with the Indigo Blu 'Season's Greetings' stamp.  This time, instead of the mega flakes, I used embossing powders, because I know that not everyone likes the messiness of the flakes & Flitter Glu.
 
 
 
 
 
I used red embossing powder on this first card, then overstamped the Kanban flourish stamp & used white & gold EPs.  I didn't like the starkness of the white cardstock, so I blended Antique Linen & Old Paper distress inks over it.  Once I'd put it onto gold mirri card, it looked much better.
 
I stamped the flourish & the IB stamp in gold onto a piece of core'dinations & die cut three circles. I gave them a bauble-like shape by cutting tiny pieces for the top & edging with a decorative-edge scissors.  I attached the baubles to strips of acetate that I'd covered with adhesive ribbon & curved them around a pot of EP so that they don't lie flat against the card.
 
 
 
 
After all the bling of the previous IB cards I'd made, I kept this one very simple.  The snowflake paper has been in my stash for AGES & I have no idea where it's from.  I was happily surprised when I realised that I had a blue EP that exactly matched the core'dinations card which I embossed with a snowflake embossing folder.  I added some adhesive gems & pearls & the twine & that was it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Indigo Blu 'Seasons Greetings' Rubber Stamp  Flitter Glue  2mm Bakers Twine - Blue Iris & Ivory    2mm Bakers Twine - Cranberry & Ivory    Hobby House Midnight Magic 5mm Pearls    Antique Linen Distress Ink PadOld Paper Distress Ink Pad 
 
Hope you like today's cards, thanks for visiting.  Andree has entered a lovely card in the challenge, go HERE to see it & you still have time to enter your own project.
 
Until next time, take care & happy crafting.
 
Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.