Saturday 15 December 2012

No Time To Waste

 
 
Morning all, I've been up since five & I am determined to get this post written & published in the next twenty minutes.  It has been a hectic week,  I am still way behind on my Christmas projects & I haven't posted anything on my own crafting blog in THREE weeks!!
 
I don't have anything new to show you, but I wanted to share these easel cards that I made using two of the Hobby House Christmas toppers.  Like the fairies & the elves, these images are very sweet & so detailed that you can make a simple, but very effective, card quite quickly.
 
 
 
 
 
The toppers are die cut already, so I just matted & layered them onto red & green core'dinations & gold mirri card.
 
It's not showing in the photo, but I added a subtle shimmer to the highlights in her hair with a glitter pen, it looks lovely when light hits it.
 




When I'd put everything together, something seemed to be missing & I couldn't decide what it was for ages.  Then I had the idea of doodling around the edge & surprisingly, it worked.






Who could resist that cute face???




This needed some sort of decoration, so I die cut a circle from core'dinations & attached the buttons to it with silicon glue.  The buttons were originally white, I coloured them Spectrum Noir alcohol-based colouring pens & gave them a quick blast with my heat tool - that's today's handy hint for you. :)


Hobby House Christmas Time A4 Topper  2mm Bakers Twine - Moss & Ivory  2mm Bakers Twine - Cranberry & Ivory    Hobby House Pearl 12mm Brads Vintage Mix


Okay, that's it for now, I have so much to do today.  Don't forget the blog challenge!!!  We've had some more entries, so have a look at them & then enter your projects, there's still plenty of time.

Thanks for visiting today, until next time; take care & happy crafting.

Kirsten

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous I love the cute images and the design and layout are so beautiful. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.