Tuesday 30 July 2013

Hello blog visitors, Kirsten here.  I have another of the samples I made for the Event Day to show you.
 
 
I used a piece of patterned paper from the CWC Time Flies collection & distressed it by spritzing both sides with water, crumpling it up a few times, then drying it a heat tool after I'd smoothed it out slightly.  I used the blade of my scissors to distress the edges, then spritzed with a mix of water & gold mica powder.
 
I painted the  Wendy Vecchi Art Part watch part with copper acrylic paint & when it was dry applied a brown alcohol ink randomly on top.  Gold alcohol ink was applied to the metal card, which I'd cut with a circle die, then I stamped the butterfly on top with Stazon ink.
 
The seam binding was coloured with distress stain & dried with the heat tool while it was crumpled up, that leaves lots of creases in it.  A few embellishments & a quote by Indigo Blu, stamped & heat set with clear embossing powder finished the piece. 
 
 
Time Flies Collection  Art Parts - Pocket Watches  Distress Stain Frayed BurlapSTAMP03 Butterflies  The Hobby House Mulberry Flowers - Lemonade  2mm Bakers Twine - Gold & Ivory  Hobby House Midnight Magic 5mm Pearls WA01 Clear Gloss 160ml
 
 
Thanks for looking, a quick reminder that the blog challenge ends at 10pm on Wednesday night.  I'll be back on Thursday with a new challenge for August.
 
Kirsten.

1 comment:

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.