Thursday 1 August 2013

Beautiful poppies

Hi! It's Georgina again with more samples from Lisa's Craft Extravaganza Day.
 
The two cards I have to share with you today use beautiful poppy stamps both from Hobby Art which are available from Lisa B Designs.
 
My first card uses both the Open Poppies and Poppy Spray stamps. I cut pieces of red and white card. I used a corner punch to round the bottom corners. I stamped the Poppy Spray stamp first in the centre of the white card. I then stamped the Open Poppies stamp each side. I used Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad.
 
 
I coloured the poppies with ProMarkers. Once coloured I attached the white coloured piece on the red card. I attached a strip of red ribbon across the card before adding to a scalloped card blank. To finish I stamped the sentiment and added a bow of red ribbon.

 
For my second card I used the Open Poppies stamp. I again stamped the image with a Tuxedo Black ink pad and coloured with ProMarkers. Once coloured I cut out the image leaving a small white border.
 
For the background I cut squares of dark green and white card. I embossed the top and bottom sections of the white card using a Darice Embossing Folder-Circle Pattern. 

 
I stamped the sentiment and used dies to cut out the sentiment and the green and scalloped edge frame. I also stamped one of the poppy heads again and I used it as am embellishment. To finish I added dark red faux pearls and black dots with a fine liner pen.

 
 
Hobby Art rubber stamp: Open poppies  Hobby Art rubber stamp: Poppy spray  Memento Ink Pad Tuxedo Black  4.23” x 5.75” Embossing Folder-Circle Pattern

2 comments:

  1. Hi Georgina, I have both of these stamps and had never thought of putting them together on a card! Brilliant! Stunning card. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.