Tuesday 6 August 2013

Easy Does It

Good morning, Kirsten here.  I’ve got three very simple cards to show you today.  They’re very simple because I’m a little low on inspiration this week  & also because of a conversation I had with some of the ladies at Lisa’s classes last Friday.  They mentioned that sometimes they feel overwhelmed when faced with a lot of elements in a project & don’t know where to start.  So I thought that I would use the Time Flies collection, which is packed with papers, die cuts, banners, etc., and make some very quick & easy cards. I also used the same aperture cards, giving two of them a different look with distress inks.

2013-08-04 001 001

Card no. 1:

The butterfly in the aperture is attached to a piece of acetate, with another butterfly on the reverse.  I added mauve liquid pearls around the edges & white liquid pearls here & there on the card front.  I used a scrap of TF patterned paper to score & fold a banner, the sentiment is from my stash.  I gave the card an accent with some card candi.


2013-08-04 001 002

Card no. 2:

I blended Antique Linen distress ink over the front of the card & the reverse of one the die cut flowers – I glued that to the inside of the card.  I made up another flower & attached it to the reverse of the first one with foam pads.  I added tiny amounts of Stardust distress stickles here & there, used a fragment of seam binding on the tag & again, added card candi.


2013-08-04 001 003
 
Card no. 3:

On this one, the butterfly is attached to cream seam binding, again with another butterfly on the reverse.  I blended Milled Lavender & Dusty Concord distress inks over the front & added cream card candi & the sentiment.

And that is it, three cards made in about thirty minutes.  So, if you’ve been tempted by the Time Flies collection, or the Tea Dance collection, but didn’t know where to start, I hope these will give you some inspiration.
 
 
Time Flies Collection    Glitter Glue - Stardust
 
 
Until next time, happy crafting, (and don't forget to join this month's blog challenge!).
 
Kirsten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.