Thursday 22 August 2013

Emily and Ted patchwork

 
Hi! It's Georgina again with a new card to share with you. For this card I used the cute Emily and Ted cling stamp and Blackberry Lane 6x6 paper pad both by Wild Rose Studio, and available from Lisa B. Designs.
 
To make this card I started by stamping the image onto smooth white card and patterned paper with a Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad. I chose different patterned papers for different areas of the image. From the Blackberry Lane paper pad I chose a flower paper for the top and leggings, a pale blue paper for the dress and a green/brown paper for the teddy.
 
 
I coloured the hair and skin sections of the image with ProMakers. I then cut the other sections (dress, top, leggings and teddy) from the patterned paper and attached them to the coloured image. This technique is called Paper Piecing. I coloured teddy's bow with a red ProMarker. For added sparkle I added Star Dust glitter glue to the flowers and teddy's bow.

 
I then cut a piece 10.5 x 11cm of white card. I also cut a selection of 2x2cm squares of different patterned paper again from the Blackberry Lane paper pad. I added the small squares to the white card to form a patchwork effect.

 
Once the patchwork was complete I added the coloured image onto it. Around the edges I added faux stitching with a black fineliner pen (as shown below).

 
I punched two holes in a die cut sentiment. I thread pink ribbon through the holes before adding to the patchwork image panel. I then attached the completed panel to a 119x119mm white scalloped card blank. To finish the card I added white Card Candi, which I also added Star Dust glitter glue too.

 
 
Emily with ted   Blackberry Lane 6" x 6" Paper Pad   Memento Ink Pad Tuxedo Black   Glitter Glue - Stardust
 

1 comment:

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.