Monday 12 August 2013

Toppers and papers go so well together

Hi! It's Georgina again with a selection of cards to share with you. For these cards I have used Hobby House toppers and co-ordinating papers. All available from Lisa B. Designs.
 
For my first card today Hobby House Mo Manning - Sailor Crew card topper sheet and matching papers - Sailor Blue Spot paper, Sailor Red Spot paper and Sailor Check paper.
 
The card blank was created using two 148x148mm white card blanks. I scored the front of the two cards in half. I then attached the two backs (non-scored) of the card together. The photo below shows the card folded up.
 
 
For the right-hand side I cut a piece of Sailor Blue Spot paper. I cut the piece slightly smaller than the panel so there was an even white border all-around the edge. I chose two identical sized topper from the Sailor Crew topper sheet for this card. I mounted both toppers onto square scalloped frame from the The Hobby House Die Cut Mat and Layer Kit - Regal. I added one topper to the right hand side as shown below.
 
 
 For the left hand side I cut a piece of Sailor Red Spot paper. I attached this and the other mounted topper to the left hand side as shown below.

 
For the inside of the card I attached a square of Sailor Check paper. Onto this I added a strip of dark blue card and a sentiment. To finish the card I added Card Candi and white faux stitching.
 
 
When the card was folded together, only the left hand side topper can be seen (as shown below). But as the left hand topper's scalloped mat mount has holes in it then you can also see the others toppers red mat mount through it.
 
 
For my second card I used the pretty Hobby House Spring Bringer card topper sheet and matching papers - Spring Hearts paper and Spring Floral paper. All available from Lisa B. Designs.


 
 I attached a piece of Spring Floral paper onto a 148x148mm white scalloped card blank. Onto this I added a square of Spring Hearts paper. The Hobby House Spring Bringer topper was attached the foam pads. I added a strip of seam binding tape in ruffles across the bottom of the card. I also added a sentiment with foam pads. To finish I added black faux stitching, faux pearls and glitter.


For my final card for today I used the sweet  Hobby House Wee Stamps - Love Me Do card topper sheet and matching paper - Strawberry Stripes.  All available from Lisa B. Designs.

 
  I attached a piece of Strawberry Stripes paper onto a 148x148mm white scalloped card blank. I attached the tan scalloped frame, sentiment and Love Me Do topper with foam pads. To finish the card I added Card Candi and flowers.

 
 
 
Hobby House Mo Manning - Sailor Crew   The Sailor Paper Collection   Die Cut Mat and Layer Kit - Regal   Hobby House Spring Bringer A4 Topper   The Spring Paper Collection   Hobby House Wee Stamps - Love Me Do  The Hobby House Strawberry Stripes Paper 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.