Tuesday 24 December 2013

Happy Christmas!


Hello, Kirsten here with my regular Tuesday post.
It’s Christmas Eve! Are you all organised, or is it panic stations with hysteria setting in??
This is my final Christmas post for 2013 & it’s going to be short & sweet. I had this idea months ago & then promptly forgot about it, so I’m glad I remembered it for today.
 
Remember the Craftwork Cards chipboards letters? I used the leftover bits, stuck them together with strong tape on the reverse, covered the front with wet glue, added the glitter & left to dry overnight. It actually would have been easier to use red stickles, but I wanted to see how well the glitter would stick. Not too bad is the answer & I like the texture, but stickles would have stuck better. I attached it to the kraft card base with a double layer of foam pads.



007


For the centre of the ‘o’ I stamped the small snowflake from the Hobby Art Butterfly Kisses set on to kraft card with embossing ink & heat set it with WOW Bright White embossing powder, then cut it out with the smallest Spellbinders circle die. I cut three snowflakes from white card with the Joy Craft die & added red card candi on top. I finished with red bakers twine on a length of white organza ribbon & added silver diamond mesh on either side.
 
 
Chipboard letter - j  Chipboard letter - o  Chipboard letter - y Butterfly Kisses Snowflake Clear Stamp Set   Cutting & Embossing - Ice Crystal 2  1/2 metre of silver Diamond Mesh
 
  WL01 Bright White 160ml   2mm Bakers Twine - Cranberry & Ivory 
 
That’s it from me, don’t forget the blog challenge, it runs until December 31 at 10pm. I wish you all a VERY happy Christmas.
 
Kirsten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.