Tuesday 17 December 2013

Inspired by Lisa


Hello crafters, Kirsten here with my regular Tuesday post.
This is the gorgeous card we made at the Christmas party class on December 6, using this Anna Griffin die from Cuttlebug. The die was beyond my budget, but I wondered if I could get a similar effect using the Joy Craft snowflake dies.

003

 
Here’s what I ended up with. Many apologies, I was so engrossed in making this that I forgot to take a single photo. All I did was cut four each of the large & small dies from the blue pearlescent card & then stuck together at the tips with Cosmic Shimmer glue. When I’d finished I thought they looked vaguely Christmas tree shaped, so I changed the card from landscape to portrait.
 
 
Blog 17 Dec
 
I used one of my Spellbinders dies to cut out the centre & then dry embossed the frame with two different embossing folders. Those of you who were at the class will recognise the
silver diamond mesh on the bottom, I’m finding it hard to resist adding it to every project I make at the moment, it’s fantastic stuff. I used a scrap of silver grey ribbon at the top & found the snowflake brad in my stash. To finish, I lightly rubbed some Star Dust stickles over the snowflakes with my finger & added white liquid pearls to the centres.

 You can see the the stickles more clearly here. Applying it with your fingers gives a very subtle shimmer.

001

I then made this smaller card with leftover scraps of card & a piece of the negative snowflakes card. I matted it onto a piece of the red linen card that Lisa had at the class & is now available on the website.

025

Finally, our second class project last week was this lovely bauble. I finished mine at home with red stickles & die cut the numbers from a Sizzix die. The poinsettia die Lisa used is also on the website.
 
 

006

 
Many of the items I used now have a 10% discount, so click on the links in this post, or on the pictures below.
 
Lisa did a blog post yesterday about the discount, if you missed it, it’s HERE. And you’ll find all the discounts In the WHAT’S NEW section & in the CHRISTMAS section.
 
 
Cuttlebug  Cutting and Embossing Stencils - Xmas Flower  Cutting & Embossing - Ice Crystal 2  Red Linen Card pack of 10 sheets  1/2 metre of silver Diamond Mesh  Pastel Mixed Double Sided Premium Pearlescent Card  Glitter Glue - Xmas Red Glitter Glue - Stardust   Liquid Pearls - Opal WhiteLattice - 6" x 6" Embossing Folder   Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Acrylic Glue - 30ml 
 
 
 
That’s it from me for now. Thank you to everyone who’s posted their entries in the blog challenge. I love getting the email that tells me there’s a new entry, so please keep making me happy. Smile
 
Until next time, happy crafting.
 
Kirsten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.