Tuesday 7 January 2014

Vogue Times Four

Hello crafters, Kirsten here. Is everyone getting back to normal after the Christmas & New Year festivities? Strangely, it seems a long time ago already. I’ve got four quick cards to show you today, all made with the new Craftwork Cards collection, Vogue (still 10% off).
 
I cut & scored a piece of acetate for the front of this card, putting the sentiment on the acetate & adding a die cut circle of matching paper on the reverse to hide the dst.


002

An offcut of patterned paper on black card & edged with gold diamond mesh. I added some gold liquid pearls as accents.

001

This is a kraft card blank. I die cut the frame & dry embossed the top layer, then I decided to cut another frame, leaving it plain. I added some Platinum stickles to the peacock’s feathers.

005

I thought the black & gold papers in the collection would work for men’s cards, so I came up with this one, adding scraps of bakers’ twine to the buttons & some faux stitching around the borders.

007


Vogue Collection  1/2 metre of gold Diamond Mesh  Liquid Pearls - Gold Pearl  Glitter Glue - Platinum  A4 Acetate Sheets - Extra Thick   2mm Bakers Twine - Gold & Ivory  Lattice - 6" x 6" Embossing Folder

        (There's still 10% off many items on the website, if you haven't already seen the offers.)

With these collections I find it quite difficult to add lots of layers & embellishments, which, given that I’m by nature a ‘throw everything & the kitchen sink at it’ crafter, is curious. I think it’s because I like the designs & images to speak for themselves. Anyway, thanks for looking, see you next time
 
Happy crafting.
 
Kirsten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.