Tuesday 21 January 2014

Yoo-hoooo!

 
Happy Tuesday, blog visitors, Kirsten here & yes, I’m using the very cute owls from the

I decided I was going to paper piece this little chap/chappess, so I stamped it a few times with black Archival ink & started colouring.

001

I was happier with the second selection of colours, but I used the first owl as my base for the paper pieced layers.

002

My original plan was to stamp & cut out the stars,but I realised it was much too fiddly & quickly gave up. I stamped the with various colours of distress inks, then filled them in with watercolour pens & did the same thing with the moon & the branch. I added the Joy Crafts clouds & the gold confetti stars & stamped the word with alphabet stamps from my stash.

008
 
On the second card
I used Spiced Marmalade & Fired Brick distress inks through the Special Touch brick wall mask & added some lines with a fine-liner black pen.  When I’d finished the card I thought the wall needed something more, so I added the little heart & the white Joy Craft vintage flourish flower.


009

That’s it, thanks for looking. We’re heading towards the end of January, but there’s still plenty of time to enter the blog challenge, all the details are HERE. And the 10% discount still applies to many items on the website, so if you haven’t visited it in a while, this would be an excellent time.


Vintage Flourishes - Flower / Leaf 1  Stone Mask - That Special Touch 6" x 6"  Cutting Die - (3pc) Clouds   Wild Honey Distress Ink Pad  Mini Glossy Accents 


See you next time, happy crafting.

Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.