Tuesday 4 February 2014

Craftwork Cards Opulence Collection


Hello crafters, Kirsten here.

I’m in the throes of a horrible dose of ‘flu, so forgive any mistakes in this post.
 I put together three cards using the new CWC Opulence collection, a mixture of cream & burgundy papers, card candi & die cuts.
 
I made a hot air balloon using half a Spellbinders label die cut for the basket & the
 gold diamond mesh for the ropes. The clouds were cut with this set of Joy Craft cloud dies.

005


I stamped the flourish stamp from the Indigo Blu Discover Your Passion set with Versamark embossing ink, covered in clear embossing powder, blended Vintage Photo distress ink on top, then wiped the ink off the embossed areas.

 006

This third card is a bit more involved. I used a template to cut a piece of the cream paper & layered it on to a piece of black card. I cut a piece of corrugated cardboard to size, removed most of the top layer of paper & painted the ridges with dark brown & copper acrylic paints. The two die cut flowers reminded me of a pin wheel, so I made one with cocktail sticks glued & tied together. The gold greeting is also from the Opulence collection.
 
NB: I have a feeling I adapted this layout from one I saw on the internet, but I can't remember where. If anyone recognises it, please let me know & I add a credit.

001

This gives you an idea of the paint on the cardboard.

003

Indigo Blu Discover your Passion Rubber StampCutting Die - (3pc) CloudsOpulence Collection Pack


2mm Bakers Twine - Gold & IvoryWA01 Clear Gloss 160ml1/2 metre of gold Diamond Mesh
                    

 
Thanks for looking, I’m going back to bed. See you next time, happy crafting.
 
Kirsten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.