Monday 28 April 2014

Sizzix Birdhouse, part one

 
 
Hello crafters, Kirsten here, hope everyone is well.

I think this is the final project, where I’ve used mainly Card-io stamps. This time I used them to decorate a Sizzix die cut birdhouse. This die is not on the website, but you can order it from Lisa, either by email; lisabaker1@btinternet.com or telephone her on 01622 65078.
The price of the die is £28.00 plus £3.50 P+P.
 
 
This is what the pieces look like when they’ve been die cut. I added pieces of scrap card to the insides to strengthen them , because I knew I was adding a lot of paint to the outside.
 

006

These are branches from the Greenery 1 set of Card-io Collection stamps, stamped with Versamark & heat set with WOW Clear Gloss embossing powder. This is to add interest to the background.

008

I used Martha Stewart acrylic paints for colour, starting with Summer Linen & continuing with Hailstorm, Sea Lavender &. I used tiny amounts, applying with my finger, knocking back with a baby wipe & drying in between layers until I was happy.

010

 
More stamping with Greenery 1 & Sweet Birdhouse stamps. I used Versacolor inks; Bamboo & Neptune & this time I heat set them with clear EP. Pigment inks, such as Versacolor, will not dry on acrylic paint, so you have to heat emboss if you want them images to remain on your project.


012

 
For the roof, I first dry embossed it with the Embossalicious Lattice embossing folder.


014

 
Next, I applied Antique Bronze Sparkle Medium through the Glitz Craft Hex Bubble stencil.
 
 

015


                              I applied black Versacolor ink with my finger to create an aged effect.


016


     I then had to decide how I was going to decorate the birdhouse, so I stamped lots of flowers from the Sweet Birdhouse set & butterflies from the Flutterby Garden set with Neptune, Turquoise & Atlantic Versacolor inks onto scrap white card & cut them all out. That took a while............. :)



017



018

 
I shall be back tomorrow to show you the finished birdhouse.
 
Kirsten.
 
Flutterby Garden   Sweet Birdhouse    Greenery 1         Clear Acrylic Pegs  Versacolor Ink Pads   Hex Bubble  Sparkle Medium Antique Bronze    Lattice - 6" x 6" Embossing Folder  WA01 Clear Gloss 160ml  

1 comment:

  1. Hi, looking good, can't wait to see it finished, I made a bird house this weekend from an old book and really pleased with it, so it will be good to see yours, xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.