Tuesday 29 April 2014

Sizzix Birdhouse, part two

Hello crafters,
 Kirsten here again to show the completed birdhouse, which I began in yesterday’s post.

Again, this die is not on the website, but you can order it from Lisa, either by email; lisabaker1@btinternet.com or telephone her on 01622 65078. The price of the die is £28.00 plus £3.50 P+P.
 
 
I stuck the house together with a combination of the strongest double-sided tape I have & a strong, fast-acting glue. It folds together very easily, the fold lines are pre-scored for you. It took me a few minutes to decide how to attach the roof, In the end I stuck three thin strips of card on each side to the underneath with dst, placed the roof on top of the house with the strips hanging down on the inside & stuck them to the inside from underneath the house. I’m sorry there’s no photo, I completely forgot to take any of this. If anyone wants to see what I’m describing, let me know & I’ll add some photos, using another roof.
 
 
Kirstens Birdhouse
 
 
I remembered seeing a project decorated with wire & paper flowers somewhere & that inspired me to do the same here. I wish I could remember what the project was & where I saw it. Someone who sees this might be able to help jog my memory.


IMG_00000942



Before I glued the house together I made two tiny holes for the wire & stuck it to the inside, then wound it around the outside.
 

Kirstens Birdhouse3


I used hot glue to attach the flowers & butterflies to the wire.
 
The base is a piece of foam board, which I painted black & scraped on Antique Bronze Sparkle Medium with a palette knife.

Kirstens Birdhouse2


The centres of the flowers got tiny dabs of Patina Stickles & that’s it.
 
Thanks for looking. Don’t forget the blog challenge will end on Saturday, May 3 at 11pm. I'm looking forward to seeing many of you at the classes in Maidstone on Friday & I'll be back here on Sunday with a new challenge.
 
Kirsten

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Kirsten. The bird house is so pretty. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. A super project.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.