Monday 2 June 2014

DL Times Two

 
 
 
Hello crafters, Kirsten here.
 Happy Monday to you all, I hope you had a nice weekend. I have two cards to show you today, both very simple. It occurred to me while I was making the samples for this month's blog posts that I hadn't used DL size card blanks in a very long while, so I've used a few & discovered that I quite like them.
 
You might remember this photo from my blog post last Tuesday. It was the left over paint on the TCW doily stencil I'd used for the first layer of my background.
 
 
026
 
I added more left over paint (splatters of MS Hailstorm), followed by stamping of the
 Kaisercraft crackle stamp with a permanent orange ink. To finish, I added an inspirational quote, stamped with the HobbyArt Alphabet Typed clear stamp set & black Archival ink.
 
056
 
For the second DL card I randomly stamped one of the branches from the Card-io Collection Greenery 1 stamp set with Weathered Wood distress ink & applied Chartreuse Sparkle Medium through the That Special Touch Daisy Silhouette stencil on top.
 
002
 
While the Sparkle Medium was drying I stamped the Card-io Collection branch on to another piece of white card with WW distress ink, stamped the Kaisercraft bird cage on top with embossing ink & after heat setting the Stamp & Bond powder, covered it with a blue/grey sheet of transfer foil.
 
 
001
 
From the same piece I die cut the label, which I layered on to black card & I finished the card with grey ribbon from my stash & a Hobby House pearl brad.







TCW Mini Ring Doily    Alphabet Typed   Crackle Clear stamp   Bird Cage Clear Stamp   Daisy Silhouette      Greenery 1    Sparkle Medium Chartreuse      Foil Transfer Sheets Sea Tones   Emboss Ink Pads    Stamp 'n' Bond     Hobby House Pearl 8mm Brads Vintage Mix  
 
 
Thanks for looking, I'll be back tomorrow with my final post before Friday's class.
 
Kirsten





No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.