Tuesday 3 June 2014

For The Birds



Good morning crafters, Kirsten here with my final post of the May term.
 (Yes, I know it's June now, but you know what I mean). Next week it will be all change on the blog as we start a new promotion & a new challenge. Before that though, here's my project.
 


033
 
I made this card back in early April & unfortunately there's a lot about it I've forgotten, but I will do my best to remember as much as I can.
 
As you can see, I die cut a circle from the centre of white card stock & used distress inks - Pumice Stone I think & definitely Crushed Olive - through the Imagination Crafts Diamonds stencil & the Glitz Craft Hex Bubble stencil.
 
 
022
 
 
I masked off an area top & bottom & stamped the flourish stamp from the Indigo Blu
Discover Your Passion set with Jet Black Archival ink.
 

023
 
 
The eagle-eyed amongst you will notice that I got black ink lines beside some of the flourishes, where I applied too much pressure. Rather than redo the entire card, I decided to make them part of the background..........
 

025
 
 
I put some black ink on to the craft sheet & used an old gift card to make lines on the card & the Kaisercraft Cardamom patterned paper......... 
 
 
028
 
 
I layered the two pieces on to another piece of the same Kaisercraft paper, but the reverse this time, in preparation for the focal image, which was to be the Kaisercraft bird cage.
 
 
029
 
 
This was the very first time I had used the foil transfer sheets with embossing ink & Stamp & Bond & I had all my toes crossed (fingers were busy, obviously) that I wouldn't mess it up. Luckily, it worked perfectly.
 

032
 
 
I added the greeting from the Hobby Art Musical Print stamp set........

031
 
I mixed some water with Weathered Wood distress ink & made splatters on the card with a paintbrush.
 
A Hobby House pearl brad & some adhesive pearls & a scrap of seam binding to finish & everything was attached to a 7x7" white card blank. (Lisa sells these card blanks at the class shop & they are such good quality. I find I'm using them most of the time).
 
 
 
 
 
That's it from me until Sunday, when I will be launching the new blog challenge & announcing the winner of the men's cards challenge. It doesn't end until Saturday night, so you still have time to enter.
 
I look forward to seeing many of you at the classes on Friday.
 
Diamonds    Hex Bubble    Honey Chai Collection Cardamon    Bird Cage Clear Stamp    Indigo Blu Discover your Passion Rubber Stamp    Musical Print Clear Stamp Set    Foil Transfer Sheets Gold  Stamp 'n' Bond     Craft Heat Protection Mat    Stencil tape 25mm x 25m    Hobby House Chocolate Heaven 5mm Pearls      Hobby House Pearl 12mm Brads Vintage Mix   
 
Until next time, happy crafting.
 
Kirsten















No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.