Tuesday 1 July 2014

A Visit To Fairyland

 
 
Morning, it’s me again, this time with my final Lavinia Stamps post for June – which can only mean that Friday is class day! Before that though, let me show you my card. I wanted something very colourful for my last project & I think I succeeded………..

042

I cut a circular mask &  placed it in the centre of a piece of Super Smooth white card. Then I began applying Mustard Seed mini distress ink, heavily around the edges, using less & less as I got to the mask.

033

Next was Peacock Feathers mini distress ink through the Imagination Crafts Bubbles stencil, again using more in some areas, less in others………………

034

 
 
 
035

I stamped the Zen Houses & the Spring Trees with Onyx Black Versafine………….

038


Stamped the houses again onto white Super Smooth card & coloured them using watercolour pencils & Silkies & blending with a water brush……….

036
 
Cut them out……………

037

Used Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear glue to attach them to the base. I added white details to the bubbles with a white pen, added shading with a grey watercolour pencil around the sun – which I coloured with Sunset Satin & Sunshine Satin Silkies, applied with a piece of cut & dry foam -  & in front of the houses & the trees…………..

042

The finished scene was matted & layered onto yellow & pink core’dinations card squares & the whole thing attached to a 7x7 white card blank.
 
And that is the end of my adventures with Lavinia Stamps, but only for now. I really enjoyed making all my samples & you will definitely see me using LS products in the future. Thank you for all the kind comments.
 
Zen Houses   Spring Trees    Weaving Ivy    Bubble    Silkies - Apple Lace
 
   Silkies - Sunshine Satin   Silkies - Sunset Satin   Pens and Pencils       Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Mini Set 1     Plastic Spatula   
 
As I said at the start of this post, Friday is Class Day in Maidstone – it seems to have come round very quickly this time………
 
You will be making two cards using Indigo Blu products & Lisa promises that it will be a much less intense class than last time. Smile
 
 If you haven’t booked a place & you’d like to attend, please contact Lisa asap; lisabaker1@btinternet.com & she will let you know if there are still places available.
 
The blog challenge will end on Saturday night at 11pm, so you still have time to enter your Lavinia Stamps projects. A new challenge & a new promotion will start next Sunday & Monday respectively.
 
 It only remains for me to wish you a great week & I’m looking forward to seeing those of you who are attending the class on Friday.
 
Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.