Wednesday 2 July 2014

Home In The Country

Happy Wednesday crafters, Kirsten here with an extra post – Lisa’s busy getting everything prepared for Friday’s classes so I thought I would take the pressure off her a little & show you this project………..
015
These cute little houses are from the Home Sweet Home set by The Artistic Stamper. I stamped them onto watercolour card with Onyx Black Versafine, heat set them with clear embossing powder, painted them with Silkies, then cut them out. I mixed the Silkies with water & painted several layers with a fine detail brush, drying in between each layer.
The 'grass' is from the same stamp set. I stamped it directly onto Super Smooth white card & coloured it with Mowed Lawn & Shabby Shutters distress inks.
You can see how shiny the painted houses are…………….
017
For the sun I cut a circle in a piece of acetate & applied Sunshine Satin & Sunset Satin Silkies with cut & dry foam. The clouds were cut with a Joy Crafts die & edged with a tiny amount of
018
The frame is cardboard. I covered it with a layer of gesso & when that was dry, painted two coats of Martha Stewart Putty on top. Then I dry brushed a little Hailstorm over that, added a thin wash of Summer Linen & finished with tiny amounts of Sterling metallic paint, applied with my finger. 
007 - Copy
The finished frame again, hope you like it...........
015
Home Sweet Home    Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Mini Set 2     Silkies - Apple Lace    Silkies - Sunset Satin    Silkies - Sunshine Satin
     Putty   Summer Linen      Hailstorm    Sterling    Gesso
     Cutting Die - (3pc) Clouds      Acetate   
I’ll be back on Sunday to launch the new blog challenge. Until then, happy crafting.
Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.