Sunday 24 August 2014

Butterflies with Bling!........


Morning all, wishing you all a lovely Sunday.....

This is an extra blog post for me this week, Kirsten has been doing a sterling job of keeping everything flowing on the blog whilst we have DT members on a break. We have two new members joining the team soon so watch this space.......

I thought that as we have been looking at butterflies and flowers this month that I would share a couple of cards with you that I made using Imagination Crafts stencils and sparkle medium......

So here goes......

Now mirri card is one of the hardest things to photograph but mirri card and acetate!!!!.......It's a nightmare!
Apologies for the photos, these were the best ones!

We all know that my lovely soul sister Sue over at Imagination Crafts loves using Sparkle Medium on acetate and she has got me hooked on it too......

This card is so simple to make:
 
1 x 6" square card
1 x 5.3/4" square of silver mirri card
1 x 6" x 7" piece of acetate for the wrap around
A piece of extra card to do a punched border to hide how you attached the acetate and a Craftwork Card message.

I scored the acetate at 6 inches to leave 1 inch wrap around and used my Diamond White Sparkle Medium through my stencil directly on to the acetate. Leave to dry and attach to the card.

I love the way this stencil is a reversal it acts like a mask....

Attach the silver mirri square to the front of the card under the acetate as a back drop....



You can see it a little clearer in this photo....
 
 

 
Finish off by punching a fancy border on your scrap of white card and wrapping it around the edge of the card to cover how you attached the acetate and add a message and voilà, you're done.....

 Fab little card isn't it?  And it can be used for so many occasions.....

 Well, that is all from me for now, enjoy your day and I will be back on Wednesday.
 
Please leave me a comment as we love to read them...

Big hugs Lisa B x
    
                                Sparkle Medium Diamond  Butterfly Delight  Crafts Too Thin A4 Acetate SheetsMessages - ovals, elegant and circles









4 comments:

  1. This is lovely! The sparkle medium is lovely and I really like it on the acetate. The photo looks good!! Great photography on such a difficult to capture image! Maxine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love sparkle medium on acetate...beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I see what you mean about photographing mirri and acetate... I need to try this technique post haste but it has to be Christmas themed as I need to make a start on those cards...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. I'm going to give the technique a go!!! Thank you, Jan

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.