Monday 27 October 2014

A Winter's Day

 

 
Hello crafters, it's Jan here, I hope you all had a good weekend. 
 
Today's cards are quick and easy and from the Winters Day collection of stamps, now back in stock, and these two were at the last workshop so thank you for your lovely comments.
 
Sorry all, but for this one I didn't take any progress pictures as I was going along, I wasn't sure I was going to keep this one, but then decided I liked the finished card after all.

 
I used the Snow Flake Flurry - Check and flat matted it onto some silver mirri
then on to a 6 x 6 card. 

 I stamped the image using Memento and cut around the edge evenly then flat matted that onto some more check and mirri card before cutting two rectangles in plain white card, which I very lightly distressed with Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass.   One larger piece for the image and smaller piece for the greeting.  You'll notice I didn't do any matting on that but the choice is yours.    The wavy line can be achieved by scalloped scissors or a paper cutter with various blades. 

I then glued the Hobby House Pearl Strings - Square Pattern down the left side about 1 cm in from the edge of the patterned card before placing the image on foam pads.
For the sentiment I trimmed to size and placed using foam pads and
the pearl strings above it. 
Finished off with three punched snowflakes.
 
 
 Well, that's it for this one, nice and quick I think.
 
 This next one is an easel card with a little more instruction..............
 
 
I first stamped my main image onto Water colour card and coloured them in using the Imagination Craft Silkies, Sunset Satin, Gold Brocade and Apple Lace.  To create the white shadow on the side of the watering can I just painted a little Imagination Craft White MDF paint (but you could use a white water colour pencil or other acrylic paint to achieve the same effect).  I then edged with Tim Holtz Spun Sugar distress ink.
 
I stamped the smaller image and coloured and inked to match.
I cut to fit The Hobby House Snow Flake Flurry - Pink and Stripe a 6 x 6 card.  Once the easel was folded I edged the larger striped card using double sided tape then burnished it using glamour dust......other glitters are available :o)
 
I lined half the folded card with the stripe and prepared the stopper using white card, again edged with glitter before mounting it with the Pink Snow Flake card.............
 
 
I cut a 5.5 x 5.5 Pink Snowflake card and edged it with glitter then wrapped some Cranberry and Ivory Baker Twine around it before mounting it on the folded side of the easel card.
Once all the pieces were taped together I placed the images and tied a bow with the twine and covered the knot with a Dazzler.
 
Here's a side view of the finished card.......
 

I hoped you've all enjoyed the nice, easy cards today and I look forward to blogging again soon.
 
Thanks for dropping by.
 
Love Jan xx
 

    Tumbled Glass Distress Ink Pad      Square Pattern  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.