Thursday 30 October 2014

Stamping and Stencils

Good Morning,

Today I'm sharing two makes, simple stenciling and stamping.
One for a quick and modern Christmas card, the other for a small gift idea.
I started with a shaped card and blended Distress Inks, picked raspberry, peacock feathers, seedless preserves and salty ocean through a Stencil.
I overlapped each colour slightly to blend and contrast.


I then stamped the sentiment and trees from the
 Woodware Clear Magic Christmas Winter Trees Stamp Set using Black Versafine.
Then I simply added a length of netting I had in my stash and tied it in a bow, this worked quite well with the shape of the card.
Lastly I added dots of White Liquid Pearls to some areas of the stenciled background.


For this second make I used the same shaped card but added an extra piece to make into an easel card.
I'm afraid I didn't take step by step pictures because to be quite honest with both of  these makes I didn't know where I was headed! I just made it up as I went along.
So another Stencil this time I firstly used squeezed lemonade and then mowed lawn Distress Inks.
I created borders with this stencil.
Next I added a sun using a mask cut from a punch using a post it note.
Again I stamped the same Woodware Trees and the landscape to create the scene before gluing on the calender tab.


I stamped  Lavinia Stamps Dreams and Delights and finished off adding some
seam binding 
 which I'd dampened first then coloured with the distress inks, dried with a heat tool and tied in a bow.
I thought this was a bright and fresh idea for the New Year.


I hope you find some inspiration in these makes and love to read any comments you share.
Have a good day, Crafty Hugs xKx

Leaf Swirl  Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Mini Set 1  Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Mini Set 2 VersaFine Ink pad - Onyx Black
Winter Trees  Dreams and Delights  Seam Binding Ribbon  Liquid Pearls - Opal White

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card & gift! Love the stencilling and the tree stamps.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.