Monday 26 January 2015

Your Birthday's Humming!!

 
 
 
 
Good morning all, hope you're all well and had a good weekend.  Mine was taken up with crafting and I was in my element :o)
 
Today's card is made using some Hobby Art stamps that are still on special offer.
 
 
First of all I chose a 6 x 6 card and stamped around the edge using the Hobby Art Birthday Vase Set
you have a choice of words and rearrange them how you like, then just added a little squiggle around the edge too :o)
 
 I then took a flower and humming bird stamps and arranged them on a piece of 4 x 4 white card as below:
 
 
I took a pencil and marked under the stamp where I wanted the humming bird to go:
 
 
I moved the stamps out the way and went ahead and stamped the humming bird with the tip of his beak on the pencil mark.  I created a mask of the humming bird using the Woodware Mask-It then stamped the flower image over the top:
 
 
Once I removed the mask I decided to do a little paper piercing by stamping the flower image onto a piece of Anna Marie Dotty Pink Card and cut around the frame.
 
 
I used a combination of Imagination Craft Silkies and Water Colour Pencils to colour in the images, then finished off the Humming bird with a little clear Wink of Stella, unfortunately it didn't photograph very well, but hopefully if you're at the next workshop you'll see the finished card there :o)  I used a little of the Tim Holtz Spun Sugar Distress Ink around the edge of the images to take off the stark whiteness.  I then mounted it on to black card and more dotty card, and using foam pads mounted the images onto the card, here it is again.
 
 
Thanks for dropping by, I hope you enjoyed today's blog, and look forward to see you all here again on 6th Feb.
 
 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Jan this is really pretty. I like it very much. I look forward to hopefully see this next class. X

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.