Tuesday 3 February 2015

Owl'll Be There

 
 
Hello, I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Apologies for the terrible pun , but I couldn't resist. Today's card is very simple, but I hope you'll agree that it is also quite cute.
I had forgotten I had this Hobby Art Owls stamp set, so I thought it only right that I use two of them for my last HA card for January..............
 
 
 
 
I used Core'dinations card for all three layers. I stamped one of the larger stamps from the HA Decorative Backgrounds set with brown Versacolor ink onto the cream card & heat set it with clear embossing powder.
 
I die cut the green layer & the doily with a circle die & attached the doily with a little Cosmic Shimmer glue.
 
The owls & the branch were coloured with watercolour pencils & a water brush. The heart was coloured with a red felt tip pen & a gold pen, I also applied Glossy Accents to the heart.
 
The sentiment was stamped with the HA Alphabet Typed stamp set, using Onyx Black Versafine. This stamp set is meant to give a slightly patchy result, but it was a little too patchy on the Core'dinations, so I filled in the letters with a black fine line pen. I added a doodled border & attached all the layers - using 3D foam pads on the reverse of the green card - to a 6x6 white card blank............
 
 
Owls  Decorative Backgrounds Stamp SetAlphabet TypedPens and Pencils  Versacolor Brown   VersaFine Ink pad - Onyx Black   WA01 Clear Gloss    Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Acrylic Glue - 30ml   Mini Glossy Accents     Aqua-flo Water Brushes 
 
That's it for today. I'll be back on Friday - which happens to the first class day of 2015. Until then, happy crafting.
 
Kirsten

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love the design with the doily window, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. Love the owl images.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card! Have to get those beautiful owl stamps and the background stamps and the alphabet - love it all! KP xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.