Monday 11 May 2015

Botanical Collage Coasters Set


Good morning, Kirsten here. I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Between crafting, gardening & housework I completely forgot about this blog post, so apologies for the late posting. I'll make it short & sweet. Today's project is the set of square MDF coasters from Candy Box Crafts, decorated with stamps from the Botanical Collage collection, designed by Lisa for Imagination Crafts.......
 
 
 
 
I prepared all the pieces by painting them a few times with white gesso, sanded that down slightly when completely dry, then painted the pieces with a few coats of matte acrylic paint & applied gesso through the Imagination Crafts Honeycomb stencil with a stencil brush.
 
Using Onyx Black Versafine ink, I stamped one side of each coaster with the Poppy Elements stamps........


 
 
And the other side with stamps from the Pimpernel Elements set........
 
 
 
 
 I stamped the holder pieces with stamps from the Clematis Collage set...........
 

 
 
 All the images were coloured with Spectrum Aqua pens from the Floral set & I painted all the edges with Bronze Brocade Silkies paint............
 
 
 
 
 And that's it. These coasters are great. It's very easy to put  the holder together - I used
Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue - and I think they'd make a nice gift, or a cute addition to your craft table.
 
Just remember; if you want to put a hot cup on the coasters, you'd have to seal them with a heat-proof sealant first.
 
I'm delighted to say that we've had some entries in the new blog challenge already, here's hoping for lots more.
 
Thanks for visiting the blog today & have a great week.
 
Kirsten
 

3 comments:

  1. I love these, so perfect for both spring and summer parties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely set of coasters! I stamped images are just perfect and are beautifully coloured. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like these Kirsten, so bright and cheery. Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.