Friday 15 May 2015

Movement In Mauve

 
Good morning crafters, well I've used Lisa's stamps - the Clematis Elements set -  for the first time and love them.  Such a nice crisp image and also easy to stamp and cut out.
 
 
First of all sorry for the quality of the photograph, it hasn't picked up the colour very well, but hopefully if you're at the next workshop you'll see it in the flesh :o)
 
This is a different take on a stepper, I've layered the steps instead of folding the card.  I took a 7" x 7" card and matted and layered it with black and mauve, then took a piece of white and used the Imagination Craft Bubble stencil and randomly distressed it with Dusty Concord.  I do think I should have added more colour to the background, but it does look better in the flesh.
 
I then cut some Super Smooth Card out in various sizes as follows:
For the large image = 8.5cms x 13.5cms
For the two small images = 5.5cms x 5.5cms
Then, once stamped and dressed, matted them up with the mauve then black card.
 
So I stamped the Clematis Elements using Versafine Black Onyx and embossed with Wow Clear Power, as seen above and stamped a further four single elements to create the decoupage effect.  I used my old favourite the Imagination Craft Silkies in Lavender Lace for the flowers and Apple Lace for the leaves, I love the sheen you get from the Silkies.
 
Here are the elements:
 
 
I distressed the elements with the dusty concord before layering up the colours, then stuck the cut out elements onto the images.  To give it a slightly different look I mounted the images at different levels giving it a stepped effect, so the first image, bottom right of the card is one layer of foam pads, the larger image to the left of the card had two layers of foam pads and finally the small image top left has three layers of pads.  I hope the picture below gives you some sort of idea:
 
 
I stamped the Happy Birthday, sentiment using the Woodware Clear Stamp (This stamp isn't on the website at the moment so any sentiment could be used) and then added a little Sue Wilson Bubble Bow to match the Bubble theme and finally added a black gem to the centre of each flower.
 
The finished card again.........
 
 
 
I hope you approve and have fun with Lisa's stamps. See you soon.
 
Love Jan -x-
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Jan, this is such a beautiful card & the little bow is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.