Friday 10 July 2015

Guitar Medley


Hi crafters, todays card is all about what we learned at the workshop last Friday and hope you don't mind but I've made this one it into a birthday card for my son :o)

 
As usual using a 7 x 7 card I layered it with some mat silver paper then cut a smaller piece of white to use as my base for the main focal part of the card.

I embossed several pieces of card with various embossing folders then cut them down to 6" x 4" pieces, the larger central piece was embossed with a Happy Birthday folder to stand out.  I randomly placed the pieces onto the base card deciding where I wanted them to go then glued then all in to place.

I chose the embellishments I wanted to use, beer bottle top, some MDF cogs and metal embellishment.  I found a guitar shaped die in my stash which I cut out three times using card and glued them on top of each other to create a raised effect and did the same with the name.

 
I glued them all into the placed I wanted, left to dry for a while before painting with black acrylic paint, which needed two coats.  We used Gesso at the class which works much better, you only need one coat of that.


 
Once that was dry I began with the colour rubbing them in with my finger, Inka Golds where used at the class  and glided on so smoothly.

Once that was all done I just matted it onto the card and buffed it all using a piece of kitchen roll.

Thank you for dropping by to my usual Friday blog, happy crafting, don't forget the Extravaganza Day on Saturday 18th July.
Love Jan -x-

2015 EXTRAVAGANZA DAY


 

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant...absolutely spot on for those male cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love this metallic effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great masculine card. I'm sure your son will love it! xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.