Friday 31 July 2015

Textured Wedding

 
Hi Crafters, hope you are all well.  I'm actually still on holiday at the moment, well not at work anyway :o)  Shame the weather has turned a bit rubbish, still enjoying the relaxation time though.
 
This weeks card has a wedding theme but still with a hint of the texture we learned at the July workshop.
 
 
This one took a while as I made quite a few little flowers and layered elements to get the affect.
 
First I took a 7 x 7 card and rounded off the corners then layered some silver paper from my stash.  For the background I embossed a piece of card with an embossing folder also from my stash.  I then took some wedding silhouette figures, in both black and white and embossed one white between two sheets of copy paper to stop the silhouettes from cracking.  (Lisa has these  silhouettes at the workshops if they didn't sell out at the Extravaganza day of course)  I then cut away the male figure in black and stuck it over the white then stuck that onto another white set to give dimension.   (At this point I went around the edges of the male where you could see the white and coloured it with a fine black marker)
 
 
I then set about making a few little flowers either by quilling or die cutting, I also die cut a few hearts in various sizes.   I made the larger flowers with the Sue Wilson Classic Rose die, (unfortunately sold out on the website) 
 
Here are the elements:
 
 
I placed the elements on the card, deciding as I went along what I would use, as you can see by the final card that I didn't use them all :o)
 
 
When they were all glued into place I die cut a sentiment and stuck that in place before painting the whole thing with white Gesso.  (I kept the figures separate and just painted the female with the Gesso)
 
Once that was all dry I decided I would use Mica Powders to give the card some bling, although I do think that the Inka Gold Silver or Gold would have worked even better especially as you can paint with them too.  I then stuck the figures in place and matted the card together.  Here are a couple of close ups and the final card again.  The Mica's do give a very delicate colouring which for me is just right, I know some of you like more colour and the Inka Gold's will do that for you :o)
 
 

 
 Thanks for dropping by to see my post today.  Look forward to seeing you at the class on
7th August.  Love Jan -x-
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jan what a lovely card with lots of textures...I wonder if I could ask what flourish die you used please as I've been looking for a nice one that's the right size for ages? Many Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.