Thursday 24 September 2015

Subtle Dylusions With a Hobby Art Poppy Field



Good morning all! A brief post from me today as Lisa did a fab tutorial yesterday. I am going to use summer colours, although I don't think we are getting the Indian summer that was hinted on...

In this post I am looking again at Dylusions Paint, this time not using quite so much detail on my masterboard and creating a more subtle effect for a background.



 I won't go into too much detail into how to create a masterboard here, as we have looked at this in detail over the last few weeks and I have also explained step-by-step in a post from the 17/09/15. Using Lemon Zest and Bubblegum Pink Dylusions Paint I have brayered  a small amount of paint onto Anna Marie Designs Super Smooth Card Stock (300 gsm). I started with the lightest colour first and then went straight over with the pink. Not allowing the colours to dry in between allows them to blend together and created the peachy effect you can see in the image above. As far as my masterboard was concerned, that was it! (I did not add the green or the sentiment until later on).


Using the Hobby Art Poppy Field Stamp, I have then stamped this directly onto my masterboard with Black Onyx Versafine Ink and heat embossed with detail powder. I did this several times and then cut out the blooms and the buds of the flowers. I also cut a large vertical strip from the masterboard which would form a panel set into my card blank.

Using more of the Anna Marie Designs Super Smooth Card Stock (300 gsm) I have cut a square to layer inside an 8x8 card blank. I have then used a border die from my stash and chopped out the middle section. Along the middle cut lines I have stamped and embossed the poppy stamp again, ready for some decoupage.

Going back to my vertical masterboard slice now, I have stamped and embossed a sentiment from a Hobby Art collection to the centre. I have then used a small foliage stamp from the Hobby Art Scene-It Window Set  to apply some Fresh Lime Dylusions Paint. I found the best way to do this was to use some foam or a blending tool to dab onto the stamp. Tip: you need to work the paint into the foam first before applying to the stamp, so that it is not too wet and splodgy!


Now most of the elements of the card are complete and it all needs to be matted and layered together (I used Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue). Add your cut flowers and buds from the masterboard over the plain stamped poppies, allowing some to overlap into the mid section. If you missed any flowers don't panic, you can paint them in with a brush and your Dylusions Paint. Tip: you can also add any extra flowers that you have and draw stems with a black marker if there are any mistakes anywhere! To colour the leaves, use your Fresh Lime Dylusions Paint straight onto the card stock. You can add a little water to lessen the colour if you need to.

I hope you like it, there are so many things you can do with these paints and they fit in so well with existing stamps, dies and stencils that you already have in your stash! You don't have to create full-on masterboards, remember you can use them just as paints, or to create blended backgrounds too.

One of the last summery floral cards of this year I think, onto Christmas very soon...

Love
Martina
xx

Super Smooth White  Lemon Zest   Bubblegum PinkMini Blending Tools VersaFine Ink pad - Onyx Black Poppy Field Scene-it Window Fresh Lime Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Acrylic Glue - 30ml







2 comments:

  1. I love this card, the colours are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and gorgeous blending of colours xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.