Thursday 22 October 2015

A Woodland Skyscape with Card-io Stamps


Good morning all! Picture the scene... a log cabin high in the mountains, fire and the obligatory fluffy rug, glass of hot chocolate (or wine if you are so inclined!) and a magical view from your window...
You have found the inspiration for this week's card!

I am not sure about you, but I love Christmas and I love making cards, but I do think a little batch-making helps at this time of the year! I am going to make a good few of the one described today, as it is simple, but I like the overall effect.


I started with a small square (5x5) card blank and masked off a vertical section with sticky notes all the way along. It's up to you how wide to make it; mine is not too wide as I used a large sentiment below.

Once my section had been masked, I used some Mask-it and cut a small circle out. Having now created my 'moon', I added this to the top left-hand side of my panel. I used a blending tool (you can also use sponge daubers or any other ink applicator tools) to gently add some Salty Ocean Distress Ink all around the edge, making a clear delineation for the scene within the card. To soften the moon and again give it some shape, I gently went around this with more ink and bought in a touch of Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink in towards one side (I think my blending tool was a little blue when I added the yellow, as I created a green hue...!)

With the sticky notes still in place, the next stage was to take two of the fir trees from my Card-io Winter Walks stamp set. I have then stamped these with Black Onyx Versafine Ink at different decreasing heights, focusing towards the right-hand side of the card. I have used both the first and second generations of ink to try and give some depth. You could easily use Jet Black Staz-on Ink, or even coloured ink; all would work really well. The final touch was to add some birds (again from my Card-io Winter Walks stamp set) and a sentiment taken from the Card-io Christmas Sentiments set. Other ideas that I had: add some glitter for a frosty effect along the tree line or even the edge of the scene panel; clear emboss the sentiment, trees and bird for a shiny effect; stamp all in monotone shades.

A very simple post from me today, but maybe one which could be of use when you realise you have forgotten someone!

Thank you for taking the time to visit,

Love
Martina
xx

Christmas Scenery 1    Christmas Sentiments      Squeezed Lemonade - Mini Stazon Jet BlackSalty Ocean - Mini         Mini Blending ToolsVersaFine Ink pad - Onyx Black DaubersMask-It


4 comments:

  1. Superb CAS design! It evokes winter perfectly too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Martina :o) I love the suttle colours, very effective x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is gorgeous. I love the CAS design & placing the senttiment under the image worked perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a simple but beautiful card xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.