Friday 16 October 2015

Card-io Christmas Scene



Hi Crafters, this week,s card is another little scene from the Card-io stamp range.


I started with a 6" x 6" card and matted it with black card cut to 4" x 4".  I then cut a piece of Super Smooth White Card to 3¾" x 3¾" and began by stamping the sentiment from the Card-io Christmas Sentiments set in the bottom left hand corner using Versafine and Wow Clear Embossing Powder.  I chose the Card-io Christmas Scenery 1 set and stamped the two little buildings and the stag, again using the Versafine and Embossing powder.

I created the hills using the template Lisa gave us at the workshop a couple of weeks ago, very handy little bit of kit :o), I put the template in place so it lined up with the larger building and with a very small amount of Hickory Smoke Distress Ink (Sorry not on web yet so you could use a tiny amount of the Black Soot) on a piece of Cut n' Dry I gently tapped it along the edge of the template just to create a slight shadow.



 Then I masked off the hill and buildings, for the buildings I stamped the images onto Mask-It and cut them out, and mask them, then masked the area the setting sun was going to be then set about blending in some Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink using the mini blending tool:


 I removed the moon mask and replaced it with the moon aperture and blended in some Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink for the sun itself.


I removed all the masking and decided I didn't want any white left in the skyline so gently blended in some Dusty Concord Distress Ink.

Next was the glittering, so first I edged the card with the images with double sided tape, then add Cosmic Shimmer Glue to the building roofs and under the shadowed areas.  Removed the tape to reveal the tacky side then dipped the whole image into Glamour Dust that I have in a container for easy use.  Tapped off all the access and left to one side to dry slightly.

I then decided I wanted to do a little something different with the card itself, so done a technique I saw on a Sue Wilson video and covered the front of the whole card with an adhesive sheet before cutting out some Creative Expressions/Sue Wilson Festive Collection - Holly Sprays, about 6 of them using glossy white card.  I removed the waxed paper from the adhesive sheet to reveal the tacky side and placed the holly sprays all around the border of the card, leaving some to overlap the sides, which I trimmed off from the back.



 I used the waxed paper to press the holly down and hold firm, then cut a small square of the waxed paper to cover the centre of the card before covering the card in Glamour Dust.  Using the waxed paper again I burnished the glitter into all the areas surrounding the Holly.  Left that to one side for a while to matt the image onto the black card before gluing it in place onto the card.

Here's a close up of the detail and the card again.




I hope you've enjoyed the blog today, I've got to go away an clear up the glitter I spilt on my chair :o)

Take care all and see you next Friday
Love Jan -x-








5 comments:

  1. Especially like the background technique, never seen that before! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last technique is a brilliant idea as it creates a frame for your lovely scene. I smiled when I read your comment about glitter... I just used some and ir reminded me why I hate loose glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, that is a beautiful card. I love the glittered background, great idea to use the holly die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card Jan, great effect with the holly sprays as well xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.