Wednesday 11 November 2015

November Classes at Maidstone








Morning all, Kirsten here with a quick review & some photos of last Friday's Starlights class in Fant Hall, Maidstone. Sorry to be so late with this post, the last four days have been hectic & I'm feeling more than a little exhausted. 

Lisa did a blog post earlier today & gave a brief overview of the Starlights & showed you the class cards, so I'm going to show you a few of the cards the ladies made. The rest I will put into an album in the Lisa B Designs Facebook page.

As Lisa was in Birmingham, I taught the class for her, with the help of Jo, Kate, Jan, Rose & Julie & I cannot thank them enough. 


We had more new Card-io stamps, as well as cutting dies & of course the Starlights........


By the end of the day, less than 10% of the Starlights was left. Lisa has ordered more & we hope to have them on the website very soon.


Everyone was kept busy, painting, stamping, etc..........




 The first card..............



 Most people stuck to traditional colours, but we did have a few rebels, which was great...........



 The second card...........



The lights in Fant Hall are very yellow, which is not great for taking good photos, but at least you can see the gorgeous shine from the Starlights..........



I shamelessly begged for sympathy from the ladies when I told them that it took Lisa & I two days to die cut 800 seperate pieces for the projects. Not something we'll be doing again in a hurry. :)

Thanks to everyone who was brave enough to attend Friday's classes, you were all very kind. I'm afraid I'll never be as good a teacher as Lisa, but at least nobody walked out, as they had done in a nightmare I had a few weeks ago.....!!

A few housekeeping notes before I go....

All the remaining stock from Friday is back on the website. Reorders are being done this week.

The new blog challenge is live. The theme is of course, Starlights & Christmas.

We're taking booking for the Christmas party classes. The afternoon class is almost fully booked & there are places available for the evening class. The price is £18 - this includes your projects & a full buffet. A deposit of £6 will secure your place. You can contact Lisa by email; lisabaker1@btinternet.com, or phone; 01622 675078. You can also message the 

Martina will be here tomorrow, Jan on Friday & I will be back on Saturday with my tutorial blog post, then again on Monday. After that we'll be back to our normal posts.

Thanks again to everyone for last Friday. 

Kirsten

4 comments:

  1. Well done Kirst, I know the ladies loved the class........hugs Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The classes were brilliant, I thoroughly enjoyed them, and I know love Starlights now I can use them properly :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A super afternoon Kirsten. Thank you and to all who helped as well.

      Delete
  3. Wow, so much work Kirsten! And the ladies look uber studious too!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.