Friday 20 November 2015

Starlights Poinsettia

 
Hi there crafters, well it's Friday once again so time for some Starlights and texture paste :o)
 
 
I started with a 7" x 7" card and matted with black card then some red glitter card I had in my stash, I then cut another matt in black to use for embellishing.
 
I painted the cut out Poinsettia Die the using Red Starlight Paint and a little water and set them dry.
 
I placed the black card onto my craft mat and taped it down with Stencil Tape, starting with the top, then side and bottom.  I ensured I left a 1cm border all around for me to add some extra sparkle, I'll explain later.
 
 
I then took the new Dutch Doobadoo  Wavy Stripes stencil and taped that into the centre of the card, you can see through the stencil where the border is going to be.  Because the card is square a little of the stencil overlaps at the bottom.
 
 
I then used the Transparent Relief Paste and a little of the Black Starlights
 
 
and mixed them together thoroughly before using the Sweet Poppy Spreader to drag it down the stencil, removing all the tape very carefully and leaving to thoroughly dry.
 
Once it was all dry, I taped some 1cm double sided tape around all four sides and dipped them in black glitter and finished the card with the built up Poinsettia, some pines leaves from the Holly Leaves & Pine Branches Die Set (Out of stock at the moment, but email Lisa and she will try and get it for you), a Diamond Gem and finished with some Cranberry and Ivory bakers twine tied in a triple bow.
 
The sentiment is from the Card-io Christmas Sentiment Set, which I embossed using Versafine Black Onyx and Wow Clear powder.
 
Here's a close up and the card again.
 

 
Below is another version in white, but this time I used  White Relief Paste mixed with a little of the Silver Starlights Paint, and also painted the Poinsettia using the Black mixed with a little of the silver and embellished with the lovely Holly Sprays Die and another Card-io Christmas Sentiment
 


 
Thanks for dropping by and see you again very soon.
Love Jan -x-
 
  

 

 

 

7 comments:

  1. Wow, gorgeous cards, Jan! The black & red one is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsten, I love the Wavy Stripes Stencil :o) xx

      Delete
  2. More fabulous inspiration for the starlight paints. That background stencil with the mixtures of paint and pastes works so well. Both cards are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment :o)

      Delete
  3. There's something dramatic about red & black, white & black, it's also elegant. Great designs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I always appreciate the comments I get :o) x

      Delete
  4. Beautiful set of cards Jan, so dramatic and stunning xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.