Monday 14 December 2015

Starlights & Artemio Christmas Baubles




Good morning, I hope everyone had a nice weekend & is ready for Christmas?! I most certainly am not, so thank goodness there's one more weekend left before the big day. I've got three cards to show you today, made with the Artemio Christmas Baubles stamp set, Starlights paints & Sweet Poppy Christmas Wreath stencil & Glossy White Dimension Paste.

I created simple backgrounds for the first two cards by brushing Platinum & Rich Gold Starlights over squares of white Super Smooth card. I added splatters of Topaz mixed with water to the first piece.......


I stamped two baubles onto the first square with Versamark ink & heat set with WOW Rich Gold embossing powder. The third bauble was stamped onto a piece of scrap Super Smooth that I had painted with Red Starlights & also heat set with Rich Gold EP, then I cut it out & attached it to the square.

I found the little gold bow & bells in my stash, matted & layered with red, gold & black card onto a 7x7 white card blank.






For the second card, I stamped the bauble onto card painted with Blue Starlights & cut it out. I painted pieces of art canvas with Green, Menthol, & Blue mixed with Silver Starlights, then die cut the canvas with the Leane Creatief Multi Flower 004 die & the Sue Wilson Trailing Ivy die set (sold out at present)..............


The die cut canvas has a lovely texture...........




For my final card today, I applied Glossy White Dimension Paste through the Sweet Poppy
 Christmas Wreath stencil (sold out at present) & when it was dry, I replaced the stencil & applied White Gold Starlights. 

I stamped the bauble onto white card painted with Platinum Starlights, then cut it out & embellished it with a length of gold thread. I added some clear gems & another piece of Trailing Ivy die cut...........



I used a mini blending tool & foam to apply Menthol Starlights through the Imagination Crafts' 
Holly Corner stencil directly onto the 7x7 card blank.

The greeting on all three cards is the Retro Merry Christmas stamp by Stampendous, stamped with Onyx Black Versafine & heat set with clear embossing powder.

Blue    Green    Menthol    Platinum   Silver   Topaz    White Gold Artemio Christmas Stamps     Christmas wreath       Dimension Paste - Glossy White       Tools        Holly Corner    Mini Ink Blending Tool  Merry Christmas Retro Script     Multi Flower Die 004     Trailing Ivy   Canvas Pad   Diamond Gems Clear - 80 pieces   VersaMark Ink Pad   WA01 Clear Gloss     WC04 Metallic Gold Rich

4 comments:

  1. Lots of shine on these cards! Love the subtle colours, very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the baubles and lovely effects with the Starlights creating a subtle background xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Stunning work with the embossing to create these fabulous baubles - beautiful work, Kirsten!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.