Friday 4 March 2016

Sepia & Hobby Art

 
Hello all, well this is my last Hobby Art blog and thought I'd go a bit sepia.  I actually got the inspiration from Jenny Mayes and I liked the effect so much I thought I have a go.
 
 
So I prepared a 6" x 6" card and covered it in some Blue Bazzil Basics card.  Then cut a piece of dark cream Bazzil to 4" x 4" and matted it with the blue and some white Watercolour Card and set aside.
 
I then cut a piece of Watercolour Card 2.5" x 6" and stamped a shell from the Hobby Art Shells Stamp Set and the Starfish from the Hobby Art Summer Holiday Stamp Set several times on the card using an Adirondack Hazelnut Ink Pad. 
 
I stamped the little deck chair from the Summer Holiday stamp set and masked it before stamping the beach hut, then masked the beach hut to stamp in the shore line.
 



I continued to stamp some little birds and the tiny seagull from the Summer Holiday stamp set
 
I then took a brown water colour pencil and just lightly coloured each image before using a water brush to smooth it out.  Once dry I distressed the edges of both images with some Antique Linen. 
 
 
Sorry about the quality of the above photo I'm convinced I've got something wrong with my camera, or it could be the operator :o)
 
Then it was a case of assembling the card by matting and layering and finishing off with the words Sun Sea & Sand stamped onto white card and cut down to shapes and light distressing again, I also stamped the fish from the same set and 3D foamed him and the words into place.
 
Nice little card I thought, thank you Jenny :o)
 
Here's the card again for you.
 
 
Thanks for dropping by the blog today, hope to see some of you later today at the workshop.
Love Jan -x-

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. It's a lovely card, love the sepia tones xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Jan and lovely tutorial xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a LOVELY card, Jan! The sepia tones look great.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.