Friday 1 April 2016

Gilded Poppy

 
Hi there crafters, hope you are all well and had a lovely Easter.
 
 
Today's card is using Lisa's lovely Poppy Stencil and one of the Alchemy Wax's from Imagination Crafts. 
 

 
I used a 7" x 7" white card and cut three white pieces of card for matting.
 
 I painted the border of the largest piece of the three using the Black Starlights Metallic Paint and a piece of Cut n Dry foam.
 
 
Left that to one side, I kept the middle piece of white card plain and covered the whole of the third white card completely with the Starlights using a Mini Brayer, quick tip, I made sure to wash the brayer straight away in warm soapy water so it didn't stain.
 
 
Once all the paint was dry, I placed the Poppy stencil over the smaller matt, and using the Imagination Crafts Rubber Embossing Mat I run this through the Grand Calibur ensuring I followed the suggested sandwich on the back of the packaging to create the image below.
 
 
So to make it stand out, I covered the image with the stencil again and using the Bronze Alchemy Wax and my finger, I placed some wax on a blending mat and slowly rubbed the wax through the stencil until I was sure it covered the image.
 
 
 
I removed the stencil and left to dry before buffing to a shine, then matted all the layers up and popped on matching gem into each corner of the card.
 

 
Another quick and easy card for you.  Hope to see you at the April class.
 
Love Jan -x-
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.