Friday 20 May 2016

Corn Flower and WOW


Hi all, I hope you're all well.

Today's card is on the theme of our last workshop using the WOW embossing powders.  There are some really lovely pastel colours along with some gorgeous sparkles.

Quite a simple looking card but I did use a techniques that we've learned over the months.

 
I started with a white 7" x 7" card blank, and matted it with black then matted with an embossed piece of white card.
 
So you can see I've done some paper piercing using the embossing powders.  First I stamped the Woodware Clear Magic Cone Flower twice onto super smooth card using Black Versafine Ink then covering with WOW Clear Superfine Embossing Powder.

 
I then took the image on the right of this picture to use as the pieces for the piercing.  As the Cone Flower has a darker speckled centre, I took the Primary Ebony, Pink Lady and Pastel Pink and mixed them together in a little bowl using equal parts of the Pastel Pink and Pink Lady and half the amount of the Ebony.  (I used about half teaspoon for the measurer)  I used the brush end of the Versamarker Pen to paint in the seed heads then sprinkled on the mixed powders before heating.

 
I then decided I didn't want the outline of the Cone Flower in Black so I stamped just the flower heads on some scrap card using Versamark and the Pastel Pink
 
 
I cut around the flower head included the seed head and set aside along with the
 seed heads that had been embossed while I embossed the leaves and stalks using the Versamarker Pen and gently painting in the leaves a few at a time using the large brush end and embossing with Chartreuse


Then went back in with the fine tip of the pen to emboss the stalks


Next I stuck the embossed seed heads on the image using Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue.

 
Then glued the pink embossed flower heads over the top.  To finish I just matted the image onto black card and mounted it onto the card, used a happy birthday stamp for the sentiment and put a few little black gems to finish it off.
 
Here's a close up and the card again.
 

 
Thanks for dropping by the blog today, see you again soon
Love Jan -x-
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.