Friday 17 June 2016

Rice Paper Decorated Bottle

 
Hello there crafters, Friday once again.  Today is a decorated bottle using Imagination Crafts Rice Papers and stamping using Imagination Crafts Botanical Clematis Elements Stamp Collection.
 
   

 So I started with one of the nice bottles we had at the last workshop and painted it with DecoArt Media White Gesso and set that aside to dry for about 10 minutes.  I then have it a coat of the Americana Décor Grey Chalk Paint and again set aside to dry.
 
 
Sorry you can't see much in the way of difference between the top and next picture, but it really is a lovely shade of grey.
 
 
I wanted this bottle to be monochrome so took the Imagination Crafts Rice Paper 010, which is black butterflies and script on a white background.  I also wanted to use Lisa's lovely Clematis Stamp Set so stamped it onto one layer of white tissue paper, I stamped the main image once then the elements four times so I could 3D them.
 
 
I chose the image I wanted from the Rice Paper and painted around it with a brush and water so I could get a nice frayed edge.  I did the same to the main clematis image, along with a small piece of the script.
 
 
I then put some Magi-Bond glue onto a tile and painted the glue on the reverse side of the butterfly image then laid it on the bottle and painted some more glue onto top to make sure it was all stuck down without any air bubbles.
 
 
 
Next came the stamped image on tissue paper, this was the first time I'd done this so wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I must say it worked fine, one little bit of advice though, take care with the tissue paper it's not as strong as the Rice Papers so be careful once it's glued and lifting it off the surface, it is very delicate.
 
One all the images where stuck on the bottle I highlighted the shape of the bottle by using Imagination Crafts Silver Alchemy Wax, by using my finger tip and putting a little onto a craft mat before transferring to the bottle.
 
I then wanted to highlight the matt areas of the bottle by stamping it using Imagination Crafts Starlights Silver and the Crealies Crackle Stamp.  To do this I spread a small amount of the Starlights onto my craft mat then just took the stamp without an acrylic block.
 
 
Then randomly stamped all over the bottle until all the matt areas where filled in.
 
I then cut around the single clematis images and mounted them in twos before overlaying them onto the main image on the bottle.  It was then I decided I wanted a couple more flowers so just stamped a couple more onto the tissue paper and cut them out again and placed them onto the bottle, one at the bottom stem of the main image and the other on the collar.  I finished it off with a few black gems and tied some black & white twine around the neck of the bottle and hung a silver key and butterfly from the twine.
 
Here's a couple of close ups, I hope you can see the Starlights and the 3D images.
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
Thanks for dropping by again today, I hope you enjoy decorating all sorts of lovely things with your Rice Papers, see you again soon.
Love Jan -x 
 
Extravaganza Day 2016
 
 
Don't forget it's the Extravaganza day coming up, held in Fant Hall and is on July  23............

During the event day, there will be one-hour workshops, taught by Jenny Mayes of Hobby Art, Georgina Sweetenham of Designs by Georgina & Sue Baker of Imagination Crafts. 

Places for each workshop will be £6, are limited to twelve & must be booked in advance. We will post photos of the workshops' projects here & on the Lisa B Designs Facebook page as soon as we have them, but you can book from now, either by telephoning Lisa on 01622 675078, or email; lisabaker1@btinternet.com
 
 
 



















 

2 comments:

  1. The effect of the paint and collaged papers on the bottle is beautiful. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, I love the gray & the flowers are a fab addition.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.