Friday 10 June 2016

Seaside Rice Paper Man's Card



Hi there crafters, hope you're all well.  Today's card is just right for a man's birthday or Father's Day, using the lovely Rice Papers from Imagination Crafts.


I started with the 7" x 7" white card and matted it with black then white card.

First of all I picked my images from the Seaside Sheet No: 284 and placed a piece of white card behind them then stuck them to the white card using the Imagination Crafts Magi-Bond.


I then took a couple of circle dies in two different sizes and die cut them.


Once cut out I cut another slightly larger circle in black and mounted the image onto it.  I then repeated that process with a couple of the smaller images on the paper but left out the black matt.

Next I took the white matt card and painted it with the Grey Americana Décor Chalky Finish Paint all over and left to dry for a short while.  I was really lucky, it was nice and sunny in the room I was crafting so I placed in the window in the sun and it dried super quick.



Next came the background decoration, for this I chose the lovely new Imagination Craft Script Stamp and used Memento Tuxedo ink and randomly stamped around the page.  I then decided it needed another stamp so I used one of the new Crealies Stamps called Crackle and also used a grey ink pad and again stamped the image randomly over the page.  I then stamped one of the background stamps from Hobby Art Textures Set again in grey.


Here's a close up:


I place the Rice Paper images where I wanted them and mounted them all with foam pads but before sticking them down  and adding some thick natural coloured thread for some texture and run it in between the images sticking them down to keep the thread in place.

And that's it, quite a simple card and a pleasure to make using the Rice Papers.

Here's the card again..............


Thank you for dropping by again today, and see you again very soon.

Love Jan -x-


 

  The Lisa B Designs annual Craft Extravaganza Day in Fant Hall is on July  23............

During the event day, there will be one-hour workshops, taught by Jenny Mayes of Hobby Art, Georgina Sweetenham of Designs by Georgina & Sue Baker of Imagination Crafts. 

Places for each workshop will be £6, are limited to twelve & must be booked in advance. We will post photos of the workshops' projects here & on the Lisa B Designs Facebook page as soon as we have them, but you can book from now, either by telephoning Lisa on 01622 675078, or email; lisabaker1@btinternet.com



2 comments:

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.