Wednesday 24 August 2016

Class tutorial technique with Distress Inks, Ghosting and Stencils........

Good morning all,

I do hope that you are all well and enjoying your week. I am somewhat feeling a bit sorry for myself at the moment as I had an accident last week and caught my finger on a car door in Peterborough and ripped my whole fingernail back, some of you may have noticed a blue plaster on my finger on Hochanda on last Tuesday's programs!!!
Well I ended up at A & E last Thursday as I kept knocking it and had it taken off, the nail that is .....not my finger, lol! 
The injection they gave me was the worst pain I have ever felt, so much pressure in my finger and I know pain as a lot of you know I have fibromyalgia and deal with it daily!
But hey ho, it could be a lot worse and that is what I tell myself each day and hopefully the nail will grow back in time and the pain will subside!!

Anyway enough of myself moping!!

I promised that I would bring you a little tutorial of the technique from my class last month with stencil layering and ghosting, so here it finally is........

I started off by creating a background with two distress inks using blending tools on to a piece of 300gsm smooth white card.......

I used Picked Raspberry and Fossilized Amber and created a shaft of light effect.......


I then wanted to create some ghost layers, so I used my Imagination Crafts Large Flower Stencil and a blending tool with white gesso and sponged through the stencil in three areas on the background.......


The next layer I wanted to bring in was some random stencil background layers and using the Picked raspberry and a blending tool I added these randomly as shown.......


After that it was some stamped layers. So I chose a Crealie Bits and Pieces Stamp No.11 and again using the colours of Distress ink to keep it monochromatic with in its tones, I randomly stamped them over the background. I then thoroughly dried the background with my heat tool.....


The next stage was to add a touch of drama on to the background, so I chose an Imagination Crafts Alpine Poppy Stencil and added some Black Soot Distress ink through it with a blending tool applicator. 
Whilst it was wet, I added some Wow Clear Sparkle Embossing Powder and heat set it.....


To finish off I wanted to add a sentiment, so I chose an Imagination Crafts sentiment from the Thank You Sentiments Stamp Set. I then added a little more stamping with the crealie stamp in black and embossed it all with the Wow powder. I then edged it with the ink on my tool......


A close up of the wording......


To finish off I matted it on to black card and then on to a 7 x 7" card......


Well I do hope that this has inspired you to have a go.......

I am really busy getting ready for more Imagination Crafts Hochanda Shows and also getting ready for my next workshop on 2nd September. We will creating two lovely projects using new Christmas Hobby Art Stamps and I will hopefully have the samples finished soon. There are a couple of places left on both day and evening class if you would like to attend you can email me at: lisabaker1@btinternet.com or ring me on: 01622 675978

Our next Hochanda Show is a One Day Special and not to be missed, I am really excited as I have helped design the concept of it and have loved making the samples and I think you will too.
The One Day Special launches at 8pm on 27th August and then we have four shows on 28th September at 9am, 12. 4 and 7pm.....

Well that is all from me for now,
Have a great week......
Hugs
Lisa B xxx

Picked Raspberry - Mini   Daisy Large Flower IMST  Mini Ink Blending Tools  Bits & Pieces No. 11 CBP

Alpine Poppy IMST  Black Soot - Mini  Clear Sparkle WEG   Thank You Sentiments STS


1 comment:

  1. I love the ghosting effect! Brilliant makes... So sorry Lisa to hear about your nail, it does sound heart-stoppingly painful and disabling too as we do tend to use our hands all the time! I hope I can catch the show tomorrow and wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.