Tuesday 2 August 2016

Rice Paper Bunting


Good morning crafters, it's Julie with another rice paper card idea today.

Firstly I cut a 16 cm square piece of white super smooth card and brayered it with Starlights - Silver Gold, Pink Sunset, Lilac Mist. 



I set this aside to dry and stuck a piece of Rice Paper 313 to a piece of white card, then I stamped a quote stamp from my stash on to the rice paper with Agean Starlights. Once the wording was dry I cut the rice paper into three strips  9.5cm long and 4cm wide and cut triangles out to make the bunting.



I then punched holes in the top corners and outlined the bunting flags with faux stitching using a turquoise pen from my stash and fed through some baker's twine through to hang the bunting.

I returned to the Starlights card and added some washi tape at the top and bottom of the card and secured two brads in the top corners. I wound the bakers twine around the brads to fix my bunting and secured the bunting using double sided sticky pads with a little Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear glue to allow placement movement of the bunting.

The finishing touch was just 3 gems from my stash on the bottom row of the washi tape.


Rice Paper Pattern 313  Silver Gold SL   Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Acrylic Glue - 30ml7x7 White Card Blanks & Envelopes     Mini Brayer    

I hope you liked my simpler card this week and I look forward to seeing you at class on Friday, more information about the class projects HERE.

Love Julie x

1 comment:

  1. Loving the starlight colour combo, they blend so well! Clever idea xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.