Tuesday 18 October 2016

Blue Deer


Good Morning crafters, Julie here with another of my Imagination Crafts' Art Stamps' Christmas cards, I've used the Deer Art Stamp this time. It's such a nice image and could be used for other occasions too. Today's card is quite simple but effective and a different colour from traditional cards.



First I stamped the Deer Imagination Art Stamp onto some super smooth card using blue Versafine ink and heat embossed using WOW! Clear Gloss embossing powder, trimmed the image and matted it onto some silver Mirri card.

I then took a sheet of A4 white linen card and scored this down the middle and folded to make an A5 card blank, then stamped a Christmas greeting in the same blue ink in the corner and clear heat embossed it.

I put a strip of super sticky double sided tape around the edge just offsetting in slightly and stuck gilding flakes onto it, (haven't played with these in ages and had forgotten how much fun they were!), smoothing off with a bit of sponge to get the excess off for an instant border.



I painted two small Art-Cutz snowflakes with Pearl Starlights and attached them and some adhesive gems to the card with Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear glue.


I  attached my matted deer with double sided sticky pads to my card, but the deer was lacking something so I gave the blue stamped image a wash with watered down Pearl Starlights and the image really came alive, I did wipe off the blue embossed areas with some paper towel as I didn't want the pearl effect on this. (Next time I'll do the Starlights wash prior to matting, but hey, you learn something new every time you have a play with crafting!)


Art Stamps - Deer    Art-Cutz Snowflakes    Pearl SL   Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Acrylic Glue - 30ml Clear Gloss Regular WEP   


Well, that's me done for another week, thanks for looking. Bye for now,

Love, Julie x

2 comments:

  1. He does look so thoughtful doesn't he? A beautiful card with a beautiful stamp. They look so good with little else, such classic images xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.