Friday 7 October 2016

Hobby Art Poinsettia & Imagination Crafts

Hello all, this is my last blog post with the Hobby Art Poinsettia stamp set. It's a very simple little card but effective because of the Sparkle Medium.

I stamped the large poinsettia from the Hobby Art Poinsettia Stamp Set and coloured it in using the Spectrum Aqua Markers Floral Set, (they are 25% off on the web site at the moment at £15). 


I cut out the image and using my finger, dotted Diamond Sparkle Medium all over. 

The next step was to create the background by using the Imagination Crafts Flourishes Stencil that I taped down on some white Super Smooth card stock and also using Sparkle Medium Diamond to spread through the stencil.


I left this to one side to dry for a while, in the mean time I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set using Versafine Black Onyx and Wow Clear Embossing Powder.

Once the background was dry, I measured a slightly larger piece of black card for a small border.  Then I found some thin ribbon from my stash that luckily matched the sparkle medium and wrapped it the white background, I made two large loops to look like a bow stuck them down and placed the cut out image over the top, then cut two tails and stuck then under the image and positioned them before placing the sentiment down.  I then stuck the whole thing on to a 7" x 7" card.

Here's the card again


Nice and simple and quick.  Hope you have fun making it.

Love, Jan -x-





1 comment:

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.