Tuesday 4 October 2016

Mouse Choir


 Good morning crafters, it's Julie here again with another mouse Christmas card from the cute Hobby Art stamp set; Have a Very Mice Christmas



First I stamped in Onyx Black Versafine my choir mouse once in the centre of a scrap of card and heat embossed with WOW! Clear Gloss embossing powder, and stamped the image again on a sticky note to make a mask. I cut out this mask and placed on the mouse I had just stamped and then re-stamped the same image again either side of my mask and heat set with clear embossing powder again, so I had my choir in place.


Then I set about colouring my choir in with Spectrum Aqua pens, (on special offer on the website).
 I die cut the card with a circle die and ran through again using a pinhole circle die from my stash to make a topper.



I then moved onto creating my background and decided I wanted an edge round the card, so I stuck masking tape around the edge, ( this is where I went wrong as I didn't de-tack this enough on my clothing, so you can guess what happened!). I merrily stamped my Imaginations Christmas Script (coming soon!), in the background using a purple ink and covered it with clear embossing powder. I didn't heat set until I had removed the tape as this would have activated the glue on the tape, however in removing this some of my card as well. A little despondent, I carried on and heat set the embossing powder.





So I then cut strips of purple card and attached them to my card blank overlapping each end (to hide my mistake).



 I die cut a scalloped circle in purple and attached this to the topper. The topper then got attached to my card using double sided sticky pads and I finished the card with a clear gem in each corner, some Icicle Stickles on the choir's ruffles and a bow I tied with a piece of coordinating ribbon.


Have A Very Mice Christmas Spectrum Aqua Pens   VersaFine Ink pad - Onyx Black     Clear Gloss Regular WEP    Stickles Icicle   7x7 White Card Blanks & Envelopes


Well that's my card for today, I hope you like it, mistakes and all....

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at Friday's classes in Fant Hall, Maidstone, have a great week.

Love, Julie x

3 comments:

  1. Love the mouse stamps and your card too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always do that with masking tape too! I use sticky notes now, or de-tack tape on my trousers! Lovely card hun xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.