Tuesday 11 October 2016

Vintage Santa

Good morning crafters, Julie here. I hope I find you well this Tuesday. Following last Friday's classes in Maaidstone it's a new theme on the blog, so here is my first card, made with Imagination Crafts' Christmas Art Stamps. I used the Santa Claus and Script stamps..............


This time I ditched my normally 7x7 card and used a a cream sheet of A4 card which I scored and folded down the middle to create an A5 card for a change.

I die cut a Christmas tree in white Super Smooth card and used Pine Needles and Evergreen Bough Distress inks to colour it in, then applied a little Diamond Sparkle Medium when the ink was dry.


I cut another piece of Super Smooth to 14cm x 20cm for my background.
I stamped the Imagination Crafts Santa Claus Art Stamp in the centre in Versafine Vintage Sepia ink and heat embossed with WOW! Clear Gloss embossing powder. I then roughly masked off Santa Claus with torn sticky notes and stamped the Imagination Script Art Stamp around the edge of the card using Evergreen Bough Distress ink. I gave this a quick blast with my heat gun to dry it, then used Antique Linen and Gathered Twigs Distress inks around the edges to blend in the background.



I stamped a Christmas greeting I had in my stash in Versafine Vintage Sepia and heat embossed with WOW! Clear Gloss embossing powder and attached a strip of gold ribbon with some super sticky tape at the bottom to add some bling. This was then matted onto some brown card and attached to the A5 card front I had made earlier. I attached the Christmas tree with double sided sticky pads.


Well, that completes my card for today, I hope you like it.

Art Stamps - Santa Claus Art Stamps - Script       Diamond SM     Clear Gloss Regular WEP   Antique Linen - MiniGathered Twigs - Mini

If you'd like to attend a Lisa B Designs Christmas party class on December 2, please read THIS BLOG POST & contact Lisa to order your MDF Bauble class project by this evening, Tuesday October 11, at 6pm.**


See you next week.

Love, Julie x

1 comment:

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.